Saturday, March 04, 2006

"Taildaters" on MTV

In a rather surprising twist of events, I actually tuned into MTV to check out what was going on. For those of you who know me well enough, I am quite a loud voice when it comes to smalltalk about the "MTV Generation". Firstly, while I believe music videos are quite cool to watch in order to de-stress, I never once supported being glued to the screen while being mindblasted by endless pop culture propaganda about whats hip and happening. Secondly, I think this entire thing is overhyped. I mean seriously, what intellectual benefits do you get out of watching a series of moving pictures with background music playing.

Contrary to my common practice, yes, while waiting for an overseas call, I tuned in a while ago and caught this program screening on MTV called "Taildaters" which screened from 2AM to 2:30AM.

This program is about setting people up on dates while they can be viewed by your friends and/or relatives who are in a moving trailer that follows you wherever you go. Your friends then text you on a communicator device asking certain questions like "Are you feeling the link with him/her?" and after replying, your date's friends would then text your date to tell them your opinion. It sounds kind of dumb to begin with, but watching what people do to each other on dates (ESPECIALLY with their friends watching on) is somewhat humorous :)

I actually don't even know why I am posting this in the first place but it seems to me that people are getting into weirder.. and weirder.. and weirder.. (ok you get the idea) and weirder methods of dating. Helpful? I doubt so. Me believes they are more into it for the fun of things thats all.

.. and I just got back from Bangkok a couple of days ago, next post coming in a while shall be some pictures from my recent trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home